I enjoyed the coin quilts I saw on the web and had this soft grey flannel material that I loved for a baby wrap. The piece I had left wasn't big enough on it's own I had to work hard to get the design right to make the wrop sized quilt big enough (I did not have one rectangle left over!).
So here's the finished product.
And here's it hanging on my 'design wall' (the quilt on my dinning room wall).
I'd hung all the rectangles up then spent hours with a friend getting them just right. I them sewed some, got confused and once I got it close to right again I took this picture. (Can't have same fabric in same row...can't have same fabric in same quarter... can't have that one by that one...can't have that one with anything - get rid of it!)
And so that's what made is a less than quick quilt! But that's the bit I enjoy so it doen't matter.
Next installment will show my experimental freehand machine quilting - I'm still new to that.